Playing catch up

We have a 3 1/2 -4 day weekend at our house.  2 kids did not have school on Friday, 1 had a half day, none have school on Monday.  Since the kids are home I'm not scheduled to teach.  It's catch up time.

Friday was spent on housework, most of Saturday at a college open house.  When I scheduled the time off over a month ago I didn't realize all the unique decisions that were going to have to be considered.  I have to find a new home for my courses and the AHA changed it's pricing structure this past week.  It sounds like only 2 things, but each has multiple solutions and I have to figure out what is the best.  I also am hosting a workshop next weekend and I have a 2-day conference the week after.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by what I need to do or figure out.  I end up procrastinating and doing something else instead of what needs to be done.  And that's where I'm at right now.  Sitting in front of the computer and not accomplishing anything. Well, not exactly accomplishing nothing since I'm writing about it.

I find writing cathartic and it helps me to focus.  I'm a list-maker and planner.  I can write lists in outline format to map out what I need to do.  And writing it helps me to actually put that plan into action.

So today's post is my kick in the pants to outline what I need to do and map out how I'm going to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer work

Quotes

Climbing out of a well