Sudden change of schedule

Sometimes life throws you a curveball.


Friday night I get a few texts and a phone call.  My mom is in the hospital, and it does not look good.  Can I come down right away?

I have a class scheduled for Saturday.  Granted it is a small class, but I have students who have paid for a course.  I am a Training Site of 1.  I do not have a backup instructor.

I spent part of Saturday's class checking my phone.  Surgery scheduled for Tuesday.  I have classes Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday.  I start emailing all my students.  Sunday's class for a Girl Scout troop will be rescheduled.  Tuesday's class rescheduled.  I finish my class, run home for dinner, and hit the road.  She's been transferred to a hospital about an hour & a half away.

This is cancer.  It is huge.  She is in a lot of pain.

The challenge with being self-employed is I can't call in sick.  When I have to reschedule classes it impacts more than just me.  Tuesday's students are rescheduled for 2 different days.  My schedule will be in flux this week.  On top of my class schedule is my daughter's upcoming graduation, a Girl Scout camporee and a graduation party.  It's a lot of overwhelm.

I'll be doing my best to keep up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer work

Quotes

Climbing out of a well