Weather is not my friend

Last week it snowed.  A lot.  The meteorologist on TV suggested taking 3 measurements in different areas and average them to determine how much snow we received.  In  my yard it ranged from 22" to 27".  No matter how you average it, that's a lot of snow.
This is a yardstick stuck in the snow in my yard.

This creates an insane amount of havoc on my class schedule.  Last Tuesday I had a class scheduled, which meant I had to reschedule.  One person I tested alone, one switched to a class this upcoming week, the others I have not heard back from.  This is a healthcare provider renewal, so if they need it they'll call or email.  I don't chase people down.

This week we're getting snow.  Again.  On Monday.  When I have 3 classes scheduled.

{sigh}

I just spent 20 minutes figuring out how to fit more classes in over the upcoming week to reschedule all these students.  Normally I can squeeze it in.  But for the last month, and in this month I am working more hours at my part-time job. I always thought I'd like more hours, but not I'm seeing the downside as it is making scheduling so much more difficult.  Add in a few medical or dental appointments for myself or my kids, and my calendar is booked solid.  If anyone can figure out how to get more than 24 hours in a day please let me know.

So the weather is not my friend.  It would be so much easier if it would snow on a day I'm not teaching, but I have no control over that.  Please be considerate when I'm trying to reschedule.  I'm doing my best to accommodate everyone and their certification needs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer work

Quotes

Climbing out of a well