One of my overbooked days

I have a bad habit of overbooking myself. Take Friday for example...
  • Up at 5am, showered, get big kids up for school and making lunches at 5:30am.
  • Lunches made, start laundry.
  • Start making a double batch of macaroni and cheese for Town Meeting Cafe on Saturday since I won't have a chance to make it on Saturday. 
  • Big kids get on bus, continue working on mac 'n cheese
  • Get little kids breakfast, send them to get dressed, get myself dressed.
  • Scan CPR cards I picked up Thursday night and email them to the students.
  • Put little kids on bus.
  • Finish mac 'n cheese
  • Put clothes in the dryer.
  • Drive to gas station, put gas in car..
  • Go to Target to buy chairs for my new classroom since I don't have enough for tonight's full class. 
  • Pick up 8 chairs, see some awesome 4' folding tables I can use and fit those in the cart too.
  • Not sure if I have the correct offer in my Cartwheel app, turns out I do! Save just over $27 on the tables and chairs. Score! We love the Cartwheel app!
  • Rush home to pick up lunch and stuff for work
  • Son forgets flute, pick up flute, drop off flute at school, drop off something at the town hall.
  • Get to work at the library at 10:05, 5 minutes late.
  • Work until 1pm.  Go home and pack up for afternoon presentation.
  • I was invited to do a presentation at a home school group's science fair.  Drive to science fair, do presentation from 2:30-3:30, have a lot of fun, talk to kids and a few parents.
  • Drive home.  Make a fast dinner for kids.
  • 5:20pm drive to evening class.  Unload those 8 chairs and 2 tables and carry up the stairs to the second floor.
  • Set up class
  • Hold 6pm class, some people linger after class.
  • 9:20pm Clean up after class.
  • 10pm Drive home.
  • Check & reply to emails I've blown off ALL DAY.
  • 11pm  collapse in bed.
5am Saturday ... it started all over again..... On the road at 7am to the Destination Imagination regional competition and afterwards headed to our Town Meeting Day, which lasted over 6 hours.

I need a nap.  Or I need to cut back on volunteering and overbooking myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer work

Quotes

Climbing out of a well