The importance of wearable ID


A while back I wrote a post about my new Road ID. As I begin training for this year's race season I made sure I had my Road ID and am doing my best to remember to where it.

Why do I feel that I need to wear ID when I work out?

If you follow the link in my previous blog post you'll read about the bicyclist who was found unresponsive on the side of the road, with no ID. No one knew who he was for at least a day. That was a wake up call for me. I walk pretty regularly. I'm not a runner, but I began competitive race walking last year. I enjoy it and it's good exercise. Yesterday I walked on a road I'm not normally on, but had time to kill while my van was being repaired. It's a road heavily traveled by very large trucks. What would have happened if the truck swerved into the shoulder? What would have happened if I tripped and fell when traffic was heavy? I don't carry my wallet or purse when I walk. My Road ID has my information and my husband's contact information on it. In an emergency I know that emergency responders will be able to identify me and contact my husband.

Road ID is super comfortable to wear and can also be used as a medical ID. They have many different band styles, are super inexpensive, and are completely customizable. I believe so strongly in Road ID that I sell them in my online store.

While I am a super fan of Road ID, ultimately it doesn't matter which brand of ID you carry or wear. Just please have some form of ID on you when you exercise or race. It can save precious time in an emergency.

Comments

  1. Excellent advice. It's best to prepare for the worst, and hope it never happens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer work

Quotes

Climbing out of a well