Success

I couldn't wait for success, so I just went right ahead without it - Jonathan Winters

This morning I had what was probably the most productive business planning and introspection ever. And I was at the beach.

Seriously.

My oldest wanted a beach day with a friend (well friends, but scheduling didn't work out) without her younger siblings tagging along. So off we went this morning. While the girls used their boogie boards in the surf and had fun I was reading and listing to podcasts on my ipod. Having time to read and listen is RARE for me. So RARE I'm capitalizing it because, well,.... it just never seems to happen. I finally finished Corporate Mom Dropouts by Lucinda Cross and listened to some Mom Biz Coach audio blogs by Lara Galloway. And it just seemed that every section of the book, or the 3 or 4 audio blogs that I listened to just affirmed or got me thinking about what I am currently working on or where I am at with my business right now. What really made all this stand out was that I wasn't picking what section to read or which blog to listen to, I was just picking up where I had left off last and reading/listening in order.

The quote at the top of the post was mentioned in one of the interviews in Corporate Mom Dropouts and really illustrated the day for me. I'm not perfect and neither is my business. I do the best that I can and strive to improve as I go along. I've learned a lot and made quite a few mistakes along the way. I don't expect perfection or success to happen over night. So tonight I'm writing down all the great ideas that moved through my head while I nurse the killer sunburn I got while focusing on my business instead of my sunscreen. I might not be successful at 100% sunscreen coverage, but I think I'm on the right track for being successful with my business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer work

Quotes

Climbing out of a well